Thursday, September 9, 2010

100 miles and still going!

Well I have over 100 miles on the trike here in Kandahar, and not the first hint of a problem with this trike!  Now, I have finally gotten the bicycle computer mounted, and can track my speed and distance.  It's in Kilometers, but that's ok, because the base has it's speed limit in Kilometers as well.  The speed limit for where I'm riding is 20 KPH, the max speed registered on my bicycle computer is 21 KPH.  Thats not too bad, when you remember I have the three speed version of the Rover trike.  Yep, I broke the speed limit!  I'm going to shatter it when I get my 8 speed hub laced into a new wheel and sent down here.

I'm working on an inexpensive way to play my mp3 player over speakers while I ride.  I will talk more about that once I'm done.  I'm also thinking of adding ground effects lighting underneath my trike.  More lights means more likely to see me on the road, right?

I plan on becoming more active again with my blog, I'm afraid a bout of food poisening took me down hard for a little while.  The next question for my blog is, do I go with a web page?  I would like to post pictures of where I ride and of how I customize the Rover.  We will have to see.

Now I'm off, gotta go ride some more.

1 comment:

  1. Most MP3 players will do fine with a set of computer speakers, a lot of them have their own amps and run on a couple C-cells.

    These were the first hits I found:
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0220241

    These may be more to your liking:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836187006

    You would need to be able to crank it louder if you had a derailer making all that chain noise.

    ReplyDelete