Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Phone Call

I had been expecting an email from TerraTrike telling me that my Rover had been shipped.  I got a phone call today instead.  They wanted to know what color I wanted the stickers on my trike to be (purple of course).  Oh, and by the way, the Rover won't ship until next week now.  I didn't even bother to complain.  I don't think most people would even care that I'm going back to Afghanistan in less then 30 days.  Or that I need time to custom build plywood shipping containers for each part so it can be sent via USPS to my base.

Now don't get me wrong.  I think the Rover is a great solution to my needs, and well worth waiting for.  But that phone call seemed a little silly.  What kind of question was that?!  Of course I would want the details to be purple.  Purple is a cool color.  I'm a cool guy.  The question should never have been needed to be asked.  Maybe they've never seen a picture of me?

On the other hand, I unpacked my welding equipment.  I have some stock square tubing lying around.  If I can only find a donor bike laying around, I may whip up a recumbent two wheeler to help pass the time...

I would spend more time being witty, but I have this strange urge to go find a cheap used bike.  I got the welding equipment, a chop saw, a grinder, and I'm feeling just a little bit wild.

3 comments:

  1. So far the coolest mod I've made is putting my butt in the seat and pedaling, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!



    Welding Equipment

    ReplyDelete